serviced

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

hi just finished servicing my 1.5 dci n connecta, its done 26000 now, I put new brake pads front and rear, discs were ok so was handbrake shoes. new oil and filter, air filter, and diesel filter, I just bought a pollen filter as I forgot and will do next week.
service was easy and took me about just over 3 hours.
The original tyres were about done rears were limit (they were on front and I changed to rear at 14000, the fronts were half worn, so 4 new tyres fitted as well. All in all a brilliant car for the family, ill be keeping it a few years.
ive not had any problems so far in a year of ownership. returning a steady 59mpg at round the doors/motorway mix.

stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Did you do all by yourself?
26000 that's around 42000km, do the rear brake pads were worn out same as the front? I remember changing the front earlier than the rear one not because of it worn to the limit but because of start making noise, the original greases were becoming hard.

Do changing diesel filter are hard? i've seen it that it's really hidden behind the front cowl, do opening this cowl are hard?
Do you need to manual pump the fuel after changing the filter? I want to change this by myself but still not sure on how to do it.
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

the front pads were 4mm, the rears about 5mm so the rears were half worn but I changed for new anyway and greased the sliding pins on the calipers, The fuel filter is not bad, I removed the air filter box and thick connecting pipe, then you can easily see the filter, the plastic cover unclips at the front and side then lifts back, then two nuts at the front of the retaining clamp I used a deep socket with bendy extension on it I think it was 12mm socket, then one bolt on the side of the clamp, the electric connection plug depress the top and pull off and the diesel pipes are quick release squeeze the green buttons together and they pull off. the clamp opens up and you can pull the filter out. When putting the new one in just make sure its relatively in the same orientation.Also before fitting the new filter I filled it with clean diesel,to do this unscrew the air valve nut youll see it and fill with diesel sorry I don't have a picture but if the electric connection is looking at you the fill pipe is on the left. fill using a squeezy bottle until diesel comes steadily out of the airscrew. retighten and fit the filter. on start up just start as normal mine started straight away and has been no bother.
Again sorry no pics but its straight forward, its the first diesel fuel filter ive fitted to a car so if I can do it anyone can.
ps I pulled the electric plug and diesel pipes off first before loosening the clamps.
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

I have the LHD version, i need to remove wipers and plastics covers of the windshield apparently...i'm still looking on how to remove those.

I have seen on youtube that Qashqai using nearly the same filter and it explains that it doesn't need to pump or fill the filter with diesel, you just need to turn on (not the engine) for at least 3 times to fill the filter. I'm still looking if this is the same way for pulsar. I've heard that if there are any air inside the fuel line or filter, it will broke the injectors...i'm not sure...

Do the air valve you've mentioned is the small valve on the far left (the one without letter)?

Thanks a lot for your explanation
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

yes that's it
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

yes that's it, and label G is the pipe to fill with diesel, you wont break the injectors but the old filling method works well.
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Thanks a lot