1.2 petrol engine

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
fujikun

1.2 petrol engine

Post by fujikun » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:08 am

hi, read on here a few people having engine changes with the 1.2 engines my friend here in glasgow had to have a new one fitted under warranty albeit in her juke, the pistons were undersize for the bores in the block. all seems well with the new engine, i just wondered how many engines affected over the range of cars running these engines. i dont know if these engines are also fitted to some renaults, and if the faulty engines all came from one factory.

addpulsar

Re: 1.2 petrol engine

Post by addpulsar » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Had a 15 plate juke with the 1.2 ran it in for the first 1000 miles and never lost a drop of oil, heard lots of horror stories from Nissan dealers, people taking to the local garage and the wrong oil used causing abnormal wear in the bores, but more than likely there will be a machining error somewhere in production, I'm guessing the kadjar and the capture will use the same engine although I did read somewhere they had a super charged version but never seen one up close to find out

Slioch

Post by Slioch » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:30 am

fujikun wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:08 am
hi, read on here a few people having engine changes with the 1.2 engines my friend here in glasgow had to have a new one fitted under warranty albeit in her juke, the pistons were undersize for the bores in the block. all seems well with the new engine, i just wondered how many engines affected over the range of cars running these engines. i dont know if these engines are also fitted to some renaults, and if the faulty engines all came from one factory.
Our Nissan Pulsar has been in the garage since January 15 and is still there today. This is a much bigger problem than anyone is aware of. The 1.2 petrol DIG-T engine is fitted in vehicles such as the Juke, Pulsar, Qashqai and i'm sure many more. I'm aware that the engine is built in several different places and it all depends where it was made. A certain factory (which i don't know which it is) when manufacturing the engine used a different supplier for certain components (possibly piston rings) than the other factories.

There is a Technical Bulletin that was released in December 2015 informing Nissan technicians of the problem and how to fix it. So since they have been aware of the issue since then then anyone who purchased a vehicle after that date with the affected 1.2 DIG-T engine would have a right to feel angry.

Nissan are fuming that we secured a copy of Technical Bulletin EM 15/05 and i'm more than happy to share it.

TB EM 01.jpg

TB EM 02.jpg

TB EM 03.jpg

StuGee

Post by StuGee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:36 pm

Would it just be these chassis numbers affected? Mine isn't within the bracket but it's going in next week as it's developed a fluttery wind noise which occurs on hard acceleration for the first ten minutes of driving. She can be hesitant too when trying to maintain speed. Oil consumption is practically zero but as the warranty is nearly up, I think it's best to have it checked out.

janjim3

Post by janjim3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:55 am

Hi Slioch,
Is there any way that I can copy and paste the Technical bulletin above as I need something like this to back my claims for a full refund on my Pulsar which to date has been ignored. I have tried copy and paste but it will not work.
Cheers, Jim.

Return to “Faults & Technical”