Nissan ends Pulsar production

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Swe

Post by Swe »

Sad news, today Nissan declares end of production line in Barcelona, mid 2018. The reasons is high manufactering cost combined with bad sales number.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

I can't say I'm totally surprised. Sales never did what Nissan hoped and expected. Speaking to somebody at our local dealership when the car went in for service and they said that trying to break the stranglehold that Ford and Vauxhall and VW had on that section of the market was always going to be extremely difficult. They also felt that the promotion of the car at launch was feeble.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

I'd never heard of it till I started looking for a new car. It was only when I started filtering the results - leather, climate control, cruise etc etc that it appeared and I thought "what's that" ?
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

nottmsteve wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:27 pm I'd never heard of it till I started looking for a new car. It was only when I started filtering the results - leather, climate control, cruise etc etc that it appeared and I thought "what's that" ?
That really does say it all doesn't it?
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

I seen it when it first came out, but until a few weeks after putting my deposit down, I'd never seen one on the road.

I've also never seen a single advert for it.

I think Nissan's main focus is the SUV range with the Juke and Qashqai
danielk

Post by danielk »

Shame really cause getting parts down the line in yr local motor factors is going to be disater

Dont no mush about the making of the pulsar,,fingercrosses parts from other brand nissans will work with them
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

Good job I work at a Motor Factors ;)

Although TBH, I don't plan on keeping the car more than 4 years - ideally just 3 (and I've only had it a week lol)

Getting engine parts shouldn't be that difficult. That's is you have the slag of an engine that is the 1.2 Renault one that appears to be in EVERYTHING these days :lol:
kt53

Post by kt53 »

If you aren't planning to keep it more than 3 or 4 years you are likely to discover that resale value has fallen off a cliff. I don't do huge mileage and will probably keep it for the same amount of time I've kept my two previous cars - around 9 years. By then I'll have had my moneys worth out of it.
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

kt53 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:03 am If you aren't planning to keep it more than 3 or 4 years you are likely to discover that resale value has fallen off a cliff. I don't do huge mileage and will probably keep it for the same amount of time I've kept my two previous cars - around 9 years. By then I'll have had my moneys worth out of it.
Good job mine's on a PCP deal with a guaranteed future value ;)
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

kt53 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:03 am If you aren't planning to keep it more than 3 or 4 years you are likely to discover that resale value has fallen off a cliff. I don't do huge mileage and will probably keep it for the same amount of time I've kept my two previous cars - around 9 years. By then I'll have had my moneys worth out of it.
I'm with you on this. Kept my last car ten years and the wife's eleven. Both of our cars are now under a year old and the plan is to keep them around 8 years and then just go down to the one car.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta