Sat Nav Map Update - Nissan taking the ****

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Latest from Nissan. This is a new programme but looking at the e-mail it's still not straightforward. This from the e-mail

"Going forward, once the program has launched, all Nissan Dealerships will provide the latest SD card available free of charge upon the annual service (for eligible vehicles), as soon as stock is available, which is estimated to take place in April. "

First service on my car isn't going to be until mid November which means that the SD card will be 6 months or more out of date by the time I receive it. I've asked if it's possible to get the card as soon as it's available to the dealership.

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Will the dealers play the game though. Mine's due for it's service in Nov as well. I imagine we'll be lucky if the dealers do the routine service stuff, let alone sorting out new sd cards. We don't really know if the ones we've got in are the most up to date, Too much is being left to the dealers' discretion.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Latest response, regarding getting hold of the updated SD card, is that somebody will be in touch about it (late March / early April) and to discuss it with them at the time.
Particulate Driver

The plot thickens - I would prefer Nissan to send the new sd cards straight to the customers.
gezt

Post by gezt »

They have your details so should be relatively easy.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The other aspect is that if it's going to be fitted free when the car is serviced, it forces you to use Nissan dealership for servicing.
Particulate Driver

Good point kt53, but then we won't know if we've got the genuine new ones.
gezt

Post by gezt »

Spoke to Bristol st motors today, was trying to sell me service stuff etc, asked him if on first service would sat nav be updated, he hadn't a clue.
As an after thought when it does go in take the SD card out, that belongs to you, you can then pass it on to some with a slightly older car and the get a better upgrade for free ora small cost.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

gezt wrote:Spoke to Bristol st motors today, was trying to sell me service stuff etc, asked him if on first service would sat nav be updated, he hadn't a clue.
As an after thought when it does go in take the SD card out, that belongs to you, you can then pass it on to some with a slightly older car and the get a better upgrade for free ora small cost.
The info I was given by Nissan Customer Service is that the sat nav updates will be free during the period of warranty. Outside that period my local dealership said the cost is about £120 - not 'a small cost' in my opinion.
Particulate Driver

The danger here is that unscrupulous/every dealer could just give you a copy of the new card and keep the original for themselves or their buddies. They could even give you a card that's not the latest one but newer than the one you had in. This is why Nissan should send them directly to customers.