steering problem

Problems using the forum - post here. Not Car Related.
shewey

Post by shewey »

Hi all

Hi all. I own a 1.2 Tekna 5 months old covered 4500 miles

On concrete motor ways ie M25 clockwise section before A3 junction, the steering will try to pull to the right and left similar to a tank slapper on a motor

cycle it will last until the road returns to tarmac. I thought could be loose wheel nuts, there tight. I think this could be the 18 inch wheels causing the problem. I would be interested if any other owner has experienced this, before I contact the dealer/ Nissan

handles normal on all other surfaces, driven and ridden cars and motor cycles for 55 years never experienced handling like that before.

FYO average 46 mpg best 49 mpg, yes the hatch latching/ central locking buttons are to close together and feels like an early Spectrum keyboard.

and when the fuel indicates 50 miles left in the tank there is more like 100 miles to go.

I would appreciate any info you might have thanks

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Agree with what you say about M25, parts of M6 around Birmingham on raised sections concrete surfaces with plenty of expansion joints feel the same.
Don't know if its an issue or just a caracteristic of this model. (I have 1.6 tekna 18" wheels)
shewey

Post by shewey »

Thanks Metalmickey at least I now know its just not my Pulsar. I will let you know the reaction / fix I get from the dealer when I take it in
shewey

Post by shewey »

Hi all

Up date on the tram lining prob.

I did take car to the dealers they of course found no problem with the steering, I liked the video of the checks they carried out, and car was valeted free.

The Pulsar has now covered 7000 miles and have found the tram lining less pronounced may be something to do with the tyres.

overall quite pleased with handling, disappointing mpg when cruising on motorways 45 to 47 mpg