New Pulsar Tekna dci

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
DougieMiller

Post by DougieMiller »

Hi, just picked up new 2016 Pulsar Tekna dci in white last weekend. It has already had to go back in to supplying dealer to sort some issues. Love the car but so disappointed in service.
Air-con not cold.
Steering wheel out of alignment.
Squeak and rattle from centre console.
Scratches on piano black areas and window switches.
Car was filthy inside - windows etc.
Sat nav maps are 2013!
Has anyone else had similar issues?
I'm gutted - its my first brand new car :(

Liam

Post by Liam »

That's not good to hear, hopefully they sort them issues out, I would have expected it to be thoroughly checked over before they handed it over. I saw mine the day before I collected it and I've got to admit, it was filthy but it was immaculate come collection.

Hopefully your air con issue isn't too serious.

Mine is currently at the dealer for air con problems (won't work at all) I was due to get it back today however they called to say it isn't ready yet, first I was told it just needed regassing now they say the system could need replacing.

Oh and regarding the maps, mine are also 2013 :( wish I had checked before hand... They charge a stupid price for 2016 maps...

Let us know what happens, good luck.
keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

Regarding the maps, whilst I'd expect a 2016 new car to come with the most recent maps, they can be obtained from blackrojer on eBay. He's a Russian, but sells the most recent maps more reasonably than Nissan. I paid about £60 delivered. Took about 8 days to come from Russia.
malteser

Post by malteser »

My new Pulsar Tekna has just arrived at the dealer from Barcelona. It is waiting to have its road licence paid for final delivery in a day or so. The news I have just read fills me with dread, as I do not wish to be faced with problems from day one. :|
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Have faith ..... I've only had mine for a little ver two weeks, and have done 600 miles so far, but am quite impressed with it. I'm sure once you push that start button for the first time and roll it out the dealers parking area, you'll enjoy every mile .....
malteser

Post by malteser »

Thank you Rivendell63. Your very positive reply fills me with high expectations - as it should be. By the way, I tried downloading a pdf version of the User Manual for my Pulsar Tekna newly arrived from Barcelona this very week, but I could only find a 2013 version which I read but found inaccurate in some areas. Does anyone know perchance, a source from where one may find an updated User Manual please?
Freezydk

Post by Freezydk »

I had the same issue with my sat/nav map, and i complained about it....2016 car but 2013. I will get a new map for free, i guess Nissan get a lot of complaints about old maps and costly updates. I live in Denmark so I don't know if they handle the customer complaints the same way in the UK. By the way the Sat/Nav is navigates in a odd way as does not always know the shortest and quickest route.

My steering wheel were also out of alignment. They tried to fix it at the local shop but they did not succeed completely with a slight right misalignment still there.