Help To Remove Door Panel

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
astra1600ls

Post by astra1600ls »

Hello. I am a fairly new owner of a 2016 Pulsar and I am in the need of some help. I have to replace the whole driver side electric wing mirror. Can anyone tell me how to remove the door panel. How many screws do I need to remove. Am I right in thinking that there will be one behind the internal door handle. Will there be another one where the switches are for the wing mirrors and do I remove these switches. I have seen videos of how it's done on other Nissan cars but there's no videos in regards to the Pulsar. Thanks.

stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Remove the window switch by prying the whole panel (1) up. Remove the switch cables. You'll find a screw under. Use a magnetized philips screw to remove this screw.
Begin to yank the door panel from location 2 through all the sides (left right and bottom), then slides it up.
Yank the cover then remove all the bolts . That's it.

000000687749.jpg

astra1600ls

Post by astra1600ls »

Great. Thanks a lot and thanks for the picture. Makes it easy to follow.
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Some fastener clips could be broken/snaps when you do this but you can buy them for cheap through amazon/ebay/aliexpress. There are two metal fasteners that holds around the door handle, those can falls and lost easily...glue them if they loose.
astra1600ls

Post by astra1600ls »

Thanks for the warning. Are these fastener clips likely to break/snap when I slide the door panel up after removing the screw. Should I pull the door panel towards me in that area before sliding it up.
astra1600ls

Post by astra1600ls »

Also I just though, do I need to take out the small panel behind the door handle
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Fasteners are made of plastics (pvc) they becomes hard and brittle after years. It won't be all of them snapped though, maybe one or two, you'll still be able to put the panel back and it will holds itself without problem.

It has been a few moments since i removed the door panel myself, i don't recall having a panel to be removed behind the door handle to reach the mirror bolts.
If you mean the panel with pattern that surrounding the door handle, it is together with the door panel, so no worry about this. If it's the panel that round/oval behind the lever, it will stays there.

Yes you have to pull the panel sides towards you to loosen up the fasteners from the holes, some of them needs a hard pull though.
You have to pull up because the panel fold into the window area, it kind of hold itself because it fold. I'm sorry i can't find a better word to describe it. When you have pulled all sides, it'll be just like dangling on it and it's to pull up is the only way to remove it.
astra1600ls

Post by astra1600ls »

I was just thinking that the door handle might be in the way when I pull the door panel out unless the oval type panel behind it comes out. I am sure I will figure it out when the time comes. I can't do it yet I am waiting for the new mirror to be delivered. I am grateful for your advice. Thanks again.
PulsarNismo94

Post by PulsarNismo94 »

Removed countless door cards without any issues of breaking clips, just make sure the clips line up and the top of the card slots back into the window seal properly before pressing in and you'll be fine.

Handle stays in-situe, nissan love being different lol.

-Tommo
Nissan Pulsar 1.6 Dig-T '15
astra1600ls

Post by astra1600ls »

Thanks for the help. Job done, with no problems. New wing mirror fitted. Did not break or lose any clips.