Impossible to open the doors (remote control AND mechanical keys don't work)

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
nicolasespagne

Post by nicolasespagne »

Hello from Spain,

I rent two weeks ago a Nissan Pulsar.

Yesterday, all was ok. But today, impossible to open the car doors.

The remote control doesn't work. I changed the battery, but nothing. No lights on the car, no sound, nothing, as if all was dead.

So, I used the mechanical key that I removed from the fob, I tried to turn the key, but nothing. Impossible to turn the key, nothing happens.

So, I'm blocked. Totally impossible to access to the car... :/

Do you have any idea of what I could do?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas

gezt

Post by gezt »

Get
Intouch with rental company, their problem not yours.
nicolasespagne

Post by nicolasespagne »

That's the only response? ;)
No, I didn't take an insurance. The problem is now mine.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

You shouldn't need insurance to get the rental company to fix a broken down car. It sounds like the battery has died completely although I would have thought the key would still work. The rental company may be able to talk you through a way to get in. Do the lights flash when you press the button on the fob? Are you sure you replaced the battery in the fob the right way up? I ask because I made that mistake!
nicolasespagne

Post by nicolasespagne »

I read the contract and also the contract of the other companies: when the battery is off (probably the case), I have to find the solution. Not them. That's the contract...
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Have you actually tried speaking to the rental company? At the end of the rental period, if you can't return it the problem will become theirs. They have a vested interest in getting it sorted, even if the cost falls on you.
nicolasespagne

Post by nicolasespagne »

All of that is a false problem: if I don't return the car on time, it's my problem, and I'll pay even more. I called them and they told that this was my problem.
So, my question is ONLY this: how to open the car? Thanks....
kt53

Post by kt53 »

If it's impossible to open the door with a key, it would seem your only option is to smash a window and see if you can open the door from inside. If you are a member of a motoring organisation they may send somebody out, and they may be able to use their tools to open the door. Your options are very limited. Sorry I can't think of any other alternatives.
If the battery needs replacing presumably you will have to pay for that, judging from the attitude of the rental company. If that is the case, keep the dead battery and put that back in when returning the car. Keep the new battery.
PulsarNismo94

Post by PulsarNismo94 »

If the mechanical key doesn't work it isn't a battery fault more likely a BCM fault and the rental company should recover it.
Nissan Pulsar 1.6 Dig-T '15
kt53

Post by kt53 »

From what nicolasespagne is saying, the rental company are refusing to do anything to help. If that really is the case the company needs naming so others can avoid it. Hopefully not Goldcar!

If you paid by credit card, get onto your card provider. They are jointly responsible.