Installing an OEM Nissan Shark Fin Antenna

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
syneman

Post by syneman »

Hello,
I'm considering purchasing an original shark fin antenna (used) for my Pulsar. I see the OEM fin has a connector cable that I assume would hook up to the existing antenna cable that lies between the car roof and the roof interior panel. If it's like this, I am wondering if anyone has the experience to get access to this antenna under the roof interior? I mean how to get the roof interior down a bit so I can remove and replace the antenna? I'm not so interested in these cheap Chinese antennas that go on with 3M tape unless somebody can guide me to a good link to buy one that is actually good.
Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 10.33.15.png

MarcinJ

Post by MarcinJ »

As far as I remember somewhere you'll have to remove the roof interior from the back by pulling out two plugs that keep it with the roof.
I wonder how good this antenna would be.
Any link or part number where to buy it? From the photo I see it's from a J11 Nissan Qashqai.
Deleted User 1060

Post by Deleted User 1060 »

Bought mine off ebay £30, connects directly to existing mount then glues in place works perfectly.. Did wonder if GPS and DAB would work correctly so tried everything before sticking the down the fin.. Not had any problems to date.
syneman

Post by syneman »

Nice to hear. I believe GPS and DAB work off different antennas and lines. I will maybe have to grab one.