Heavy Clutch pedal with high biting point

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Digimate

Post by Digimate »

Hello all,

I have bought a 2015 1.2 DIG-T NTEC with 20k miles. Comparing to my other cars the clutch seems really heavy and the biting point is right at the top of the pedal. I just wants some advice from other owners, is this normal for the pulsar in that it just has a heavy clutch? I know it is hydraulic so should auto adjust as the plate wears but it is a real pain to drive.

The car was bought from a local garage and I have a 6 month RAC warranty with it, do I have any come back if the clutch is on its way out?

Thanks for any help or info.

maximus

Post by maximus »

Hello Digimate, I have a 2016 Pulsar 1.5 diesel with 35.300 miles on the clock and my clutch to is unpleasantly heavy, although I can't say it has a high biting point. I do not know if this is particular to these cars, but what I do know is that all my past cars developed heavy clutches as time went on. The worst one for this was a mark 2 Cavalier I once owned. I actually had the clutch replaced, not because it was slipping but because it was so heavy - my bum used to come off the seat when I pushed it down!!
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

my pulsar clutch is fine, biting point no better or worst than previous cars.
clutch position may be due to wear, if your concerned go back to the garage.
regarding if the clutch is on way out, garages will state its due to wear and tear even after 20k miles, you don't know how previous owners drove.
people tend to nowdays ride the clutch and or keep foot on brake pedal when stopped.
handbrakes seem to be underused now.
London84

Post by London84 »

I have just a 65 Nissan Pulsar 21,000miles and I’m in the same boat as you. I have only had it 2 weeks so might get the garage to look into it as they have to take it off me for a week anyway because the auto start doesn’t work and they have no idea why after having it for 24hours
Telephonewire

Post by Telephonewire »

I have just bought a 2015 Nissan Pulsar 1.5 diesel with 29k miles and have the same problem.
The clutch feels horribly heavy! The biting point of the clutch is fine.
Has anyone discovered any reason for this as yet?
In contrast I also have a 2014 Nissan Note 1.5 diesel with 45k miles which has a feather light clutch. Yes I know it has a different gearbox and clutch (only 5 speed) to the Pulsar's 6 speed gearbox but they are like chalk and cheese!
Any feedback welcome.
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

I have a 65 diesel pulsar, 34k on the clock and the clutch is fine, light, we also have a 66 juke diesel and that's got a heavier clutch than the pulsar.
its funny as both cars have same engine and 6 speed box. both working fine though. me and the wife find the pulsar clutch very light biting point is fine too.