Strut Top Bearing gone after 27k Miles

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
BeachBar

Post by BeachBar »

Hi All,

Just wanted a quick bit of advice. Had noticed some creaking/knocking when turning at low speeds so ran the Pulsar in to the local garage who said it was the strut top bearing that had gone and I should run it into the Nissan dealership and claim it under the warranty as the car is only 2 years and 2 months old.

Rang the nearest dealer and they are closing down so not taking new bookings! Second closest could get me in on Monday but said if the issue wasn't a warranty issue they'd charge me a £99 diagnostic fee plus the parts/labour to replace.

I am very confident in the abilities of my local garage, it will be the strut top bearing.

Question is, will this be something covered under the warranty or will the dealership try to claim wear and tear?

Car has only done 27,000 miles. If it's likely they'll weasel out of it, I'd rather give the business to the garage round the corner rather than drive 8 miles to the dealership and wait around.

Thanks in advance.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

It certainly should be covered by warranty. I wouldn't expect and major component to fail after such comparatively low mileage. The risk is that the dealership will say that there is wear, but it's not bad enough to require changing and you will just have to live with the noise.