Headlights and DRL running together ?

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
syneman

Post by syneman »

I am wondering how to get both lights on like in this photo ? I haven’t found the right combination.
Thx

https://ibb.co/7bJTjdQ

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

The bottom lights could be the foglights
syneman

Post by syneman »

Those lights are DRL and seem to only run when I turn the car on and not turning on the headlights I think the fog lights are built into the light cluster. I might be wrong though as I’m asking the question.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

I was thinking there maybe some law/requirement to disable DRL's when other lights are on however, according to here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ing-lights

That doesn't seem the case!

There is no way by default to switch on the DRL's when headlights. The lights in the pic you link to are likely to be the fog lights rather than DRL's
syneman

Post by syneman »

Maybe these are some custom foglights. When I choose the fog lights,on my Pulsar the icon shows green on the dashboard, but no fogs come on the front.
Deleted User 667

Nope, they should come on when the fog light are switched on.

Either you are missing the bulbs or wiring is iffy!
syneman

Post by syneman »

I’ll have to have this checked. I just know the DRL run when the car is on.. Are these the fog lights too? Maybe a fuse ?
Thanks
Deleted User 667

The DRL's are in the same housing as the fog lights, but run on different bulbs.

DRL's turn on when the main lights are not on, then turn off when others are on.

When you have dipped/main lights on, you can then switch on the fog lights. This will illuminate an additional green light on your dash as well.
syneman

Post by syneman »

I guess my fogs have either incorrect bulbs or a wiring problem. Weird mine do not come on when the green icon appears on the dash.