Incorrect Key ID

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I have almost always used the same fob with the Pulsar but today tried using the 'spare', and got the message above. Searching other forums suggests it may be low battery causing it, but that really doesn't seem to make sense as that one has hardly been used. I tried putting the fob on the Stop/Start button but that didn't fix it. Any thoughts?

fujikun

Post by fujikun »

have you had the car from new? if not the previous owner may have used that fob, sounds like battery, my key fob started doing that and I changed the battery then ok. if you change battery be carefull you put the new one in right way up, easy to put wrong way and fob wont work. guess how I know!!!!!!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I have had the car from new. Strange thing is I tried the 'spare' fob again today and it worked perfectly. Unlocked doors from about 20 feet, so that would seem to rule out weak battery, and the car started without any issue.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

My fobs seem to be lasting around 6-9 months before the battery needs swapping! A weak battery can result in weaker signal which I have noticed in some areas could be drowned out by other interference/signals. Not sure if I am using poor batteries (ebay, so chances are I am!), or if something else is at play. My Qashqai was the same and munched through several batteries during my ownership.

The fobs are always broadcasting a beacon so will continually drain.

Swapping the battery is fairly simple.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I've been using the same fob daily since I got the car in November '16 and it's still using the original battery. It will still unlock the car from 30 feet away or more.