Fog lights don’t come on

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
syneman

Post by syneman »

I’m trying to get the lights that are on the lower bumper, closest to the ground, to turn on. I turned the light knob until the green icon came on the dash , but there’s no difference on light. Maybe the bulbs are out or I’m not doing something wrong.

https://ibb.co/9cTRfs5

gezt

Post by gezt »

They are daytime running lights which go off when you turn side lights on. The fog lights are in same housing but slightly higher up.
syneman

Post by syneman »

Thanks .. I am thinking to then change them to led ? Do you which bulb size they are ? Are they easy to get to ? I mean these COB led kits like c6, Philips , Etc..
gezt

Post by gezt »

Sorry I don't but others on here will be able to help.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

The fog lights don't seem to actualy make much difference other than highlight the immediate area in front of the car. Ive had to drive through some rather thick fog recently, both in day and night and i'm a little disappointed, then again, ive not been all that impressed by front fogs at all other than making me a little more visible to other drivers!

However, just to be sure...

1. With main lighting off, the daylight lights, which are in the same housing as the fog lights should illuminate.
2. With the main lights on (including side lights), the day light lights should be off.
3. When you activate the fod lights (requires side/main lights to be on), an additional green light should appear on the dash, the fog lights should illuminate.

Some people have swapped them for LED bulbs, both daylight and fogs, do a quick search on here as there is a thread somewhere. Be warned though, both bulbs are a bit of a pain and might need some tweaking to fit! Even then you might just end up making them too bright and annoy other road users and still be of little use to you!
syneman

Post by syneman »

Hi, Thanks for your help !
I guess I’m understanding that when I turn the car on, ( ignition) ,the lower “ fog” lights or daytime running lights should illuminate.. I guess there’s a daytime sensor ? Ok, so it’s night and I then switch on the headlights and the “fog / dlr “ lights turn off? I then see some fog and turn the knob until the green fog light lamp illuminates.. Then these “fog / dlr” should illuminate too? They don’t for me.

Yes, I’ve read the thread below about changing them to LEDS, so I’ll have to think if it’s worth it or add some external kit.