New Pulsar owner, just grabbed a bargain.

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Hi all,

Late to the party as ever, I picked up a brand new Pulsar last week, just as they go out of production :lol:

I'd been searching for a more economical car to run than my previous Ford Focus ST and Pulsars really started to grab my attention, I think they look great. Anyway, long story short, I picked up a pre-reg from a London dealer last week for what I think is a great price for a new car of £13,990. I got £2.5k cash back in hand too for my Focus. It's the top but one spec, N-Connecta is it? I forget now, or more specifically get confused because the trim level names apparently changed during the production run! Anyway, all the nav, climate, connectivity, camera, 17" wheels, half-leather etc.

It's a 1.2 petrol X-tronic and I am wholly impressed with the ride comfort and amount of space in the back for the kids. Amazed that these cars didn't sell better, Nissan dropped a right clanger there with the lack of UK advertising and doubling up on tooling for Spanish production etc.

I'm not a boy racer by any stretch but I have been guilty of lightly modifying every car I've owned, however I plan to keep this one standard as a means to keeping the cost of motoring down. I'm a bit of a fuel stats geek/hypermiler and I'm already seeing my fuel costs plummet, which is nice. I know the 1.2 petrol isn't good for the govt. figures, but I do like a challenge!

Anyway, look forward to chatting on the forum!

Jon

gezt

Post by gezt »

Welcome and glad you got a bargain, love mine so roomy and comfortable to drive. Plenty of good reading here and Facebook, link is on here somewhere.
Paul.s

Post by Paul.s »

Hi yes good cars just paid same as you for mine last month white n connecta 20 miles on clock my second one now always had nissans over the years these pulsars are best of the lot :D :D
kt53

Post by kt53 »

A bargain but not that great a price. I paid £13300 for N-Connecta 1.2 in November 2016. That was brand new, not pre-registered so I get full use of the warranty and 3 years before MOT required. Despite that I think you have bought a good car. Apart from the well documented (on this site) minor issues with auto-wipe and Stop/Start I'm happy with mine and plan to hang on to it for many years, assuming it behaves.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. kt53, well, apart from the one I bought, the only other ones I could find at that price are used with 1000's of miles on them, so relatively speaking it was a good price, 2yrs later than you of course. I'm only missing out on a few months warranty & MOT free time.

Anyway, so far I have not experienced any of the "usual" niggles. Auto wipe seems fine and it stop starts every time so I'm happy with that. I have a scan gauge fitted and it's interesting to see the "smart" charge cycling, the battery voltage actually dips into the 11's occasionally but still stop/starts. It doesn't charge until random times, when it does it's at the normal14.5V+.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

To be fair, when I went in to enquire about the offer on their website, staff at the dealership didn't know about it themselves. I had to tell them to look on-line! This is a major dealership with several outlets in the South West. £4k plus off the list price is not to be sniffed at either.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

kt53 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:34 am To be fair, when I went in to enquire about the offer on their website, staff at the dealership didn't know about it themselves. I had to tell them to look on-line! This is a major dealership with several outlets in the South West. £4k plus off the list price is not to be sniffed at either.
Standard main dealer experience then :lol:
addpulsar

Post by addpulsar »

These cars are so under rated, I was lucky with mine got a 1.2 tekna on the 18" wheels, a good spec all round brand new we paid 15k for it lots of discount had a few extras like boot liner carpets spare wheel the protection pack and we had the chrome removed as it was pissed and had it replaced with the white ones makes the car look a smidge more sporty and unique looking.