Fault code U01111

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Dan Allcock

Post by Dan Allcock »

So a few days ago I started my car up first thing in the morning for work and it flashed up on the dash unable to use stop/start along with the red battery Icon. My first thought was alternator. A min after driving it then came up with system fault and lit up like a Christmas tree, mostly things like sensors front and rear. There is no engine management light though. I looked online and some had suggested the battery maybe on its way out, so I have replaced that and had the fault codes wiped etc but it has had no change.

I've now seen a few posts about the battery energy control module, is this something that would be on a petrol as I've seen a lot about hybrids but not just a petrol, And if so I've seen that wires can get dislodged etc but I can find nowhere online that will tell me where this module is.

Can anyone help with this, it isn't the alternator I've also had this checked. I've dropped an image of the dash if this helps

Thanks in advance

IMG-20230109-WA0009.jpeg

SEnto

Post by SEnto »

Hi, it sounds just like the problem I encountered (1.2 Dig-T) & alternator/battery checked out all ok. Eventually bit the bullet and took it to Nissan who identified a corroded alternator sensor cable for which there was a repair kit (sounded like it may be quite common given that there was a specific kit) . BTW stop/start error would flash up too occasionally.
SEnto

Post by SEnto »

I'll grab a photo of the offending item later.
SEnto

Post by SEnto »

Screenshot 2023-01-19 144300.jpg