Sat Nav Map Update - Nissan taking the ****

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

One again, physically, the card is a bog standard SD card, it's the way the data is written to it when the card is created, specifically the use made of the Secure part of the Secure Digital standard that makes it unreadable on a PC.
Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Whatever :-) The point being made was that if it was set up for download via PC all this messing about with sending out physical cards would be avoided. They could still encrypt a code of some kind to stop it being copied.
Doesn't really make any difference as they still haven't come up with the updated version. Promised originally for March, then mid-April, then beginning of May and still waiting.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Wouldn't surprise me if the dealers were blocking this, some kind of chicanery afoot. Nissan should deal directly with the customer.
Elbee51

Post by Elbee51 »

Received a phone call from my Nissan Dealer (the Netherlands) yesterday that the latest nav software was available for me. So I went to collect it this morning. The card was swapped with the older version and the screen said it was updating the software. All worked fine but; A part of the A4 that opened in december 2015 was still not incorporated in the card data. Very disappointed!
Particulate Driver

It makes you wonder when the info was put on the updated card? You'd think that every A road change in 2015 would be on it.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Particulate Driver wrote:It makes you wonder when the info was put on the updated card? You'd think that every A road change in 2015 would be on it.
I'm wondering what's going on too. I have notification on my sat-nav in December2016 that an update was available. For a variety of reasons I didn't start chasing it until early March. This has been dragging on ever since. If the update was available last December, what's holding it up? I'm going to chase it again next week and if that doesn't get any result I do possibly have an alternative route to use.
Particulate Driver

Nissan needs to sort all this out.
mango

Post by mango »

Just thought I'd share my experience on this topic. I bought a used 65 plate pulsar a couple of weeks ago and after coming across this thread thought I'd give Nissan customer services a ring to see if i could get an update too.

When you call them there's actually a specific number option in their phone IVR for sat nav updates so that might suggest they're getting quite a few calls on the topic!

Anyway, after getting through i said I'd heard there may be an offer of free updates for 3 years from first registration. After the chap went away and checked he said that my car wasn't eligible for that offer but I was "on the cut off" for being eligible for another free update offer. However, he said he needed to escalate it to another team for them to confirm and that they would contact me in due course.

The next day i got an email saying that an updated card was being sent out! They said it would take around 15 days and included a La Poste tracking number.

I guess if you dont ask, you dont get.
2016 Pulsar N-Tec 1.6 DIG-T
Particulate Driver

Yes, looks worth a try, thanks mango
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I've just had a reply from Nissan Customer Services, after chasing them again for an availability date. They are still waiting for a delivery date to be confirmed, so why the **** have they promised previous dates if the actual date still isn't known!!!!!