Wipers

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Deleted User 1060

Post by Deleted User 1060 »

Anyone else experiencing a similar problem with the wipers? When on auto with a slow intermediate wipe occasionally the bloody wipers go mental, they go from a slow wipe to warp speed.
Tried altering the wipe detection speed but that does not seem to have effect.
Not really a problem but just wondered if this a common fault.

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

have experienced that too, not an uncommon issue with many car makes.
gezt

Post by gezt »

It is what it is, they have a mind of their own, mine do the same.
The auto lights act similar, sometimes comes on in bright sunshine othertimes not.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Auto wipers are useless. As said, they have a mind of their own. I've had situations where it's absolutely pissing down and the wipers don't move, but in a very light drizzle they do demented. I'd love to be able to revert to a manually set intermittent wipe. I find auto lights much better although, as getz says, mine will come on in bright sunshine if the sun is very low in the sky.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

I have found that aged wipers to exacerbate the issue...

I recently replaced mine and the wiper detection and speed seemed to have massively improved. Not 100% perfect but not as hit and miss as before.
Deleted User 1060

Post by Deleted User 1060 »

Appreciate the replies, seems they all suffer from the same quirks.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

SplanK wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:34 pm I have found that aged wipers to exacerbate the issue...

I recently replaced mine and the wiper detection and speed seemed to have massively improved. Not 100% perfect but not as hit and miss as before.
Mine has been useless from Day1. I don't understand why replacing wiper blades would have any effect on the operation of intermittent wipe function. It's either pure coincidence or wishful thinking. :lol:
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

If you get smearing/jumping over the sensor, then it inst going to read correctly and behave erratically!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

SplanK wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:21 pm If you get smearing/jumping over the sensor, then it inst going to read correctly and behave erratically!
I accept that but, when most people have complained about the system being crap from day one, a duff wiper blade would seem to be an unlikely cause.
CLUNK

Post by CLUNK »

kt53 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:11 pm Auto wipers are useless. As said, they have a mind of their own. I've had situations where it's absolutely pissing down and the wipers don't move, but in a very light drizzle they do demented. I'd love to be able to revert to a manually set intermittent wipe. I find auto lights much better although, as getz says, mine will come on in bright sunshine if the sun is very low in the sky.
This right here sums it up tbh. They do what they want haha