Main dealershits (no not a mis-spelling

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
kt53

Post by kt53 »

My car was in for investigation of a driver's seat which makes some rather nasty cracking noises at random times. They were to call me when it was ready for collection. Nothing by 5:15 so called them. Very off hand receptionist said they'd find out. Comes back "Yeah, it's ready". I ask why nobody called me, "Don't know". What time do you close (they used to be open until 7pm for collection"? Quarter to 6, so now I have no car until I go down some time tomorrow morning.
Some time after 6pm I get a text saying "Check vehicle status". Opened the link and there's a list of what they have supposedly done, including various mechanical work and a bill in excess of £500. Tomorrow morning could be interesting, as all I authorised was investigation and repair of the seat. The car is also still under warranty.

gezt

Post by gezt »

Refuse to pay for any work not authorised, they tried that with me, did a major service when I asked for a minor one, argued and service manager pulled job sheet which I had signed amd lo and behold it had minor service written on instruction part. Sorted 😁
CLUNK

Post by CLUNK »

gezt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:44 am Refuse to pay for any work not authorised, they tried that with me, did a major service when I asked for a minor one, argued and service manager pulled job sheet which I had signed amd lo and behold it had minor service written on instruction part. Sorted 😁
^^^^^^
This. Absolutely this. Best piece of advice anyone could have given

How did you get on with your trip to the dealership the next day anyway? I'm routing for you!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I went in the following day and was told that the billing information shouldn't have been sent as it is all warranty work. The seat base has broken, the part for seat adjustment, it's been received at the dealership and will be fitted next Monday.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

New seat base assembly fitted. No creaks, cracks or bangs when driving, for the time being at least. More concerning though is that they do a general 'health check' on the car and said oil was very low. It's only done 8k miles since last service and warranty expires at the beginning of November. I'll have to keep a much closer eye on the level in future. Never had to check on any other modern car I've owned between services.