1.6 Dgit Pulsar Fuel Economy

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
yannisvlts

Post by yannisvlts »

Hello,

I'm considering the 1.6 Pulsar however have some thoughts regardiing fuel economy.

For those of you owning this model, what is your observation so far (city, urban)

Thanks
John

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Decent mpg, if driving all town maybe 1.2 petrol better bet but considerable reduction in power compared to 1.6.
All depends what you are use to driving, have a few test drives in the different engine sizes and also different trim levels.
SimonK

Post by SimonK »

I like that I can choose to drive at 50mpg or 20mpg in my 1.6 depending on my mood :)

My dash average is current 48mpg, mainly A roads usage
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

I get roughly 30mpg round town, 40mpg on fast roads and 50mpg motorway- but of course that all depends how much of a hooligan I'm being at the time.
On a short but spirited drive to work one morning I'm managed to hit the lowest of 16mpg, and I think my best mpg was a 300mile drive which averaged 58mpg
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I've just returned from a trip totalling approximately 800 miles on a mix of motorway and A roads returning approx 48 mpg. 1.2 petrol.
naimkhan

Post by naimkhan »

I average above 60mpg all the time on local and some motorway driving. I have the 1.5 diesel which is jus about perfect, nippy and good cruiser. Defo recommend the diesel, only downside it can be sluggish till the boost kicks in.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

If you're in the UK, choosing the diesel version may not be a good idea. The Government has decided that diesel is evil.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

It's only older diesels that have become the enemy, but of course they'll all be tarred with the same brush. The 1.5's sometimes sluggish performance can be a problem at junctions, particularly for someone like me who is naturally light on the gas pedal. I'm training myself to get the foot down harder, but occasionally lapse into gentle mode, and sometimes pay the price. I guess that diesels are more suited to a brutish style of driving.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The problem of sluggish pull off isn't restricted to the diesel. I'm driving the 1.2 petrol and am also generally light on the hot pedal and have the same issue.
gezt

Post by gezt »

I have the 1.6 Tekna and love the power it delivers when needed, ok it's using more fuel when you boot it but sometimes that's what's needed to get out of trouble. Or do I just like the extra power that I didn't have in the Almera.