Sat Nav Map Update - Nissan taking the ****

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I purchased my Pulsar, brand new in November last year. A few weeks ago I had a display appear on the Sat Nav to the effect that a map update was available, to contact my dealership.

I called them today to be informed that it's chargeable. Not too amused, I asked how much it is, assuming a few quid - "About £120" was the reply.

If that's not taking the ****, I don't know what is. My Garmin satnav cost less than that with lifetime updates.

I have written to Nissan and will await their answer with interest.

gezt

Post by gezt »

eBay, about £55 for 2016/2017 with speed cams.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282266639345? ... EBIDX%3AIT
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Thanks getz, but I object to paying anything to update software which is out of date within weeks of purchasing a brand new vehicle. Nissan have acknowledged receipt of my email so I'll see what the reply is.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Just received this from Nissan Customer Service -

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding your Nissan Pulsar.

Your vehicle will be covered with Map Updates, free of charge for the first 3 years following registration. As the program is due to launch in the coming weeks, we are keeping a record of all customers who are eligible for the update to ensure they are sent the latest SD card, free of charge, as soon as stock is available (estimated April).

I wonder if my local dealership wasn't aware of this, or if they just saw the opportunity to make a few quid?
gezt

Post by gezt »

Do you need to register, just bought a 16 plate so should be eligible.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Hi kt53 - please let us know when you get your new sd card - we may need to remind our dealers :)
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Nothing on the e-mail about registering. They say they are keeping a record of all eligible customers, but haven't said what the elegibility criteria are.
Particulate Driver

I imagine it's anyone who owns a pulsar which was first registered within the allowed time period
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Particulate Driver wrote:I imagine it's anyone who owns a pulsar which was first registered within the allowed time period
Agreed, but there was nothing in the message I received to indicate what the allowed time period is. To be fair, there's no reason they should say anything about that, other than to indicate that I qualify.
Particulate Driver

Hi kt53, yes it seems like you've caught Nissan in mid plan as it were. My best effort at what they're driving at ( forgive the pun ) is that when the next/first? update is due, they will contact relevant pulsar owners and send them the free sd card. I'm hoping that this will be anyone who owns a pulsar that had Connect2 installed at registration.