Sat Nav Map Update - Nissan taking the ****

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

I bought a new Pulsar in April 2016

Thanks to KR53 and his updates to this thread I emailed Nissan Customer Services on 9th April.

10th April. They replied that my Pulsar does not qualify for the free map updates. They also promised to escalate this enquiry onto their technical team.

11th April. They emailed stating that they would be sending me an updated SD map card which I should receive within 15 days.

3rd May. I received the updated SD Map Card with a letter from Nissan UK dated 11th April. They were sent from Nissan Paris on 26th April by registered post.

I've installed the new maps and SatNav is working as normal.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

I'm genuinely pleased to say that the topic has achieved success for somebody. I just wish I could have the same result!
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Why is it so hit and miss?
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Particulate Driver wrote:Why is it so hit and miss?
Your guess is as good as mine! Considering the message about an update being available appeared on my sat-nav in December 2016, it makes absolutely no sense that the SD cards still aren't available nearly 6 months later.
Particulate Driver

Nissan need to get this update rolled out now, across the board. Customers shouldn't have to ask for it individually.
Particulate Driver

Just got a message from Nissan saying that I'm eligible for the free satnav update and a representative will be contacting me soon with the details. Fingers crossed.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Update SD card received today. There's what I take to be a standard pro-forma letter in with it claiming that the SD card has been provided as a gesture of good will. That's very different to what I was told on the phone where they said that free updates will be provided for the duration of the warranty. I hope I don't have to fight for future updates!
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

The letter (from Customer Services, Nissan Motor (GB) Limited) with my SD Card said:-

"After studying your map update request for your Nissan Pulsar, we are happy to be sending you an up-to-date SD map card for your vehicle."

kt53 I'm sorry I called you KR53 in my posting dated 17th May. It's good to see that you've now received the same result.

Thanks again for starting this thread.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Mine says "As a gesture of goodwill please find enclosed the latesd SD card for your use. This comes with our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment you may have experienced with our service"

As the only 'inconvenience or disappointment' has been waiting several months for the SD card, the comment makes little sense. The SD card isn't a 'gesture of goodwill', it's something they said I should be getting anyway ??!!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I e-mailed Nissan Customer Support to clarify the situation regarding free updates for the sat-nav and received this reply:-

"your vehicle will be covered by MapCare, giving you free map updates for the first 3 years following registration. Going forward, all Nissan Dealerships will provide the latest SD card available free of charge upon the annual service."

At least the means I'll get at least 2 more updates, assuming they are produced at least once a year.