Engine and transmission swap

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
dljacko

Post by dljacko »

I currently have a couple of N15 Hatchbacks and one is getting a bit high on the mileage, so I was wondering if there is much difference between the 1.6 and the latter N16 1.8 engine and drivetrain. For example, is the wheel track the same and engine mounts etc. so I can replace the old donk with a later low mileage one with a bit more cc's

Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Hi
Unfortunately, you have come to the wrong forum! This forum discusses the C13 Pulsar and shares nothing in common with the N platform.

You might be better seeking out the 'Almera' owners club - this was the other name given to the N chassis Pulsar cars in other countries. The other car the QG18DE was found in was the P12 Primera, so the Primera Owners Club maybe of use to you as well.

However, its not going to be a straight swap. Whilst the GA16DE may not be far off the QG18DE engine in overall dimensions, you will need adjustments making to the engine mounts, custom drive shafts.... For the amount of work involved, there isn't much to gain really by going to the QG18 and would be easier to see if you could find a lower mileage GA16DE from somewhere else.