One week in

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
brirob68

Post by brirob68 »

Picked my Pulsar up last Friday. Some good deals to be had on new and second hand. I went for the new, as it wasn't that much dearer. Would have went for the diesel version, but not in stock, so as not too bothered settled for the 1.2 DiG N Connecta. Before test driving one, I was a bit apprehensive of the engine size. Good grief, the Turbo certainly makes a difference! So one week in, and loving it. Certainly a bit different to the 1.5 Dci Nissan Note I traded in, although being a bit of a Nissan freak, Ive enjoyed the reliability of them all.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Nissan was a byword for reliabilty. Sadly now that they are owned by Renault that is no longer the case. Going back to earlier models there were problems with excessive oil consumption and knackered engines. Battery failures.....
brirob68

Post by brirob68 »

You hear lots of horror stories on different Forums about models of cars, but at the end of the day, you have to speak as you find. I've had two Micras, an Almera with a boot!. Had the last two types of Nissan Note. A lot of people on the Note Forum complain of the last version (E12). I found it OK, and the only problem I had was both back bearings repaired under warranty. A known issue, but every Nissan i had, not one of them let me down, or broke down. I suppose some people on this Forum will be unlucky and complain of their Pulsar, but i hope my luck continues!
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Always going to find more people complaining online as you have an issue and need to vent somewhere. You very rarely get people who've had a car a couple of years joining a forum just to say "hi I've had this car and it's been fine"

My old Renault twingo used to get absolutely panned. From spontaneous combustion horror stories to generic reliability problems but I had it nigh on 9 years with only minor issues ever occurring. The fact I only paid 6 grand for it and running costs were negligible more than made up for the 1 time the battery failed me (yet still finally managed to start it and limp over to my garage) and the time thick black smoke started pouring our the exhaust which cost the mighty sum of £50 to fix!

I'm hoping for the same with the pulsar but if I don't get it then I will just have to live with the shame of knowing it was me who so desperately wanted one hahaha

Anyway I hope you continue to enjoy your new car!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I've had the Pulsar 18 months and apart from the Stop/Start, which even the dealership admits is rubbish, I've had no issues. I've had half a dozen Nissans over the years and no major problems with any of them. The starter motor on my Primera failed twice and was replaced under warranty both times. The AA guys who came out said they had been to quite a number of the same year as mine with the problem.