Air Con issue & shakey engine

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
STUpidART

Post by STUpidART »

Hi, my Nair con does not work, my feet get hot even when the ac is off. I was told by a garage that I would need to take it to a Nissan garage to have diagnostics done as they do not have the correct part to do it. Any advice would be great, I'm cooking myself slowly.

Secondly my engine as decided to start shaking/ rattling it seems to be coming from the drivers side again any advice would be great.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Which model version and what year of registration.
STUpidART

Post by STUpidART »

Pulsar 2015
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I guessed the Pulsar bit, but petrol or diesel? and if petrol, which engine size.
STUpidART

Post by STUpidART »

Ah sorry petrol 1.2
Paula Byrne

Post by Paula Byrne »

My air con for the 1.2 also played up , was continously hot when i didn't have on . I was frying as where my feet ! I had to get new air-conditioning , I recommend you do something about it while under warranty otherwise it will cost you 500 euro to fix .
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

It doesn't sound like the air con, but part of the air ducting/control sounds like its broke or faulty in some way.

If the dealer you have gone to doesn't have the part, or willing to do it, go and find a different dealer and explain the situation. Sometimes some dealers are just lazy and don't want to do the job.

As for engine shaking - are you suffering from oil loss? Please check your oil level regularly, esp on the early 1.2 engines as there is a known well documented fault/build quality issue which can lead to a loss of oil. If you run it too low, more often than not the first thing to go is often the timing chain.