Two faults on a 1996 Nissan Lucino/Pulsar in NZ

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
mattpnz

Post by mattpnz »

Hey,

I'm struggling to find answers to my questions here in NZ so I thought I would try a website from home.

I have a 1996 Lucino Auto (I know its not a Pulsar but they are very similar I believe) with a couple of problems. Firstly, the intermittent front wiper isn't working at all. When its on, the wipers don't move but you can hear a clicking noise from what I am guessing is the fuse box down underneath the glove compartment. I've had a quick look but see no easy way to access the fuse box like in some cars.

The second one is a bit more of a mystery. I could be driving along perfectly fine and the car will just shut off. All lights come on and the steering fails (not enough so I can't move to the side of the road though). I put the car into park, take the keys our of he ignition, put back in and start again without any problems and off I go. Now and again, it wont start straight away so i have to wait a couple of minutes before attempting to start the engine. This generally happens when I am going slow around a corner or there are lows revs. On average, i'd say it happens once per a week. Sometimes I could be sat at traffic lights and the idle struggles until I give it a few good revs and its ok.

Obviously, the second problem is more serious so it would be much appreciated if you could give me some ideas of what it could possibly be. Please ask any questions that might make a diagnosis possible.

Thanks,
Matt

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Hi Matt, you are looking for help on a totally different vehicle to the one this forum is about. The Pulsar here is the one introduced around 2014 and the only thing in common with your car is the name. Nonetheless somebody might have some ideas.
mattpnz

Post by mattpnz »

Oh right, apologies! I just saw the name Pulsar and know that my car was named Pulsar in certain countries. I was thinking they could be either simple problems to fix or common problems with old Nissans. Would be great to get some help but if not then just delete the post by all means.

Matt