Can be done in a half hour,,remove the intire air box,,its hidding behind it
8 and 10mm scoket and long nose pliers all u need to do it

danielk

Post by danielk »

As said allready,,nissan have changed the fuel filter mileage
From 60,000 to 40,000
Pulsar15

Post by Pulsar15 »

LHD version needs little bit more work,It took me 2h to remove plastic,metal covers etc.
Peter15dcipulsar

Post by Peter15dcipulsar »

Hi,
just in case someone still wants to know how they can change the 1.5 DCI diesel fuel filter. Pulsar 2014/19.
I removed the plastic scuttle and wiper blades as suggested earlier in this forum but this just exposed the windsceen wiper mechanism and a bulkhead section with about 10 retaining screws, so I don't think that helped. This is how I changed mine.
The fuel filter is at the back of the engine, in the MID position between the back of the engine and the firewall.
1. Remove the air inlet pipe on the right side, top of the engine. It's a 3 inch black plastic pipe held in place by one clip where it goes into the air filter housing. My came off really easily because someone had already thoughtfully broken the cheap plastic clip.
2. Remove the air filter housing by unscrewing the jubilee clip on the air pipe on the right and the bolt on the left.
3. With a torch peer down into the dark inaccessible space between the engine and the bulkhead and locate the fuel filter canister mounted vertically.
4. At this point I cut the tie wrap holding the electric cable (side cutting pliers) to the round plastic cover on the fuel filter and disconnected the electric cable connector going to the fuel filter. You have to hold back the flexible air pipe to see what you are doing. The electric connector is released by pressing down on the top clip where the wires come out of it and pulling.
5. Fiddle around under the rim of the plastic cover to press together two very small plastic retaining clips to release it gently.
The two fuel pipes with 90 degree elbow connectors. These are both released by pinching two square pressure points either side of the elbow and lifting them off.
6. With an ordinary combination spanner(possibly 10 mm?) reach into the inaccessible space undo the clamp around the body of the fuel filter and undo the single bolt until it is almost but not quite all the way out. This takes a lot of time and patience.
7. Now rotate the fuel filter 180 degrees so that the electrical connector is towards the bulkhead. This will allow the inlet and outlet pipes to clear the bulkhead when you tilt and remove the old fuel filter. Empty the fuel from the filter into a suitable waste container.
8. Fit new fuel filter with the electrical connector 180 degrees out of position and then turn to correct position when the filter canister is seated. Tighten retaining bolt, attach pipes, thread a new tie wrap into the slot on the circular plastic cover and refit. Reinstall air filter assembly.
9. Start the engine. The fuel filter takes a lot of fuel and makes several false starts before it self bleeds and runs normally.
If you know a better way to do this then please say so.
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Start the car without pressing the clutch or turn the key on the acc position and let it for at least 30 seconds. It activates the fuel pump and fill the filter. Do it 2 times or until the bubbling or watery noise dissappear. Then you can start the engine (by pressing the clutch) normally.