Query before (potentially) buying

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
OhMyGodItsMe

Post by OhMyGodItsMe »

Hello everyone,

I’m looking potentially at a Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T n-tec Hatchback 5dr Petrol Manual.

The year is 2015.

Is there any common reason/s to avoid this model?
Anything I should particularly look at when viewing?
Any reasons as to why I should or shouldn’t go for this?

As with the internet, I’ve read a few bad stories but is this a regular occurrence or are they ok if maintained/serviced correctly?

Any help would be appreciated!

kt53

Post by kt53 »

There have been serious problems with the 1.2 engine, particularly on earlier models. 2015 would potentially fall into that category. The problem isn't restricted to the Pulsar as it is a Renault engine used in other models too. If you use Facebook join the Nissan Pulsar C13 Owners Club group. Most people who were active here have moved over to that group. They are very helpful and knowledgeable.
OhMyGodItsMe

Post by OhMyGodItsMe »

kt53 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:27 am There have been serious problems with the 1.2 engine, particularly on earlier models. 2015 would potentially fall into that category. The problem isn't restricted to the Pulsar as it is a Renault engine used in other models too. If you use Facebook join the Nissan Pulsar C13 Owners Club group. Most people who were active here have moved over to that group. They are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Thank you very much for the info! Seems like it might just be one to avoid.