How To Guide - Pulsar Handbrake Adjustment

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Wanting to keep the standard 12v plug end on the cabling though, and it should be plenty long enough to run through the handbrake tunnel :-)

danielk

Post by danielk »

mrrichmond1995 wrote:
danielk wrote:Very good info once again

Thanks
Have u never changed the fuel filter in yr car
Now that be handy to see :)
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

danielk wrote:
mrrichmond1995 wrote:
danielk wrote:Very good info once again

Thanks
Have u never changed the fuel filter in yr car
Now that be handy to see :)
No I haven't but will see about doing a how to.
mango

Post by mango »

Another thanks to the OP for this guide. I Picked up a used 1.6 N-tec dig-t this week and was slightly concerned at how much travel there was in the cable. Luckily i stumbled across this forum looking for some other info (tyre wear!) and found this thread. Couldn't have been a simpler fix.
2016 Pulsar N-Tec 1.6 DIG-T
Deleted User 470

mango wrote:Another thanks to the OP for this guide. I Picked up a used 1.6 N-tec dig-t this week and was slightly concerned at how much travel there was in the cable. Luckily i stumbled across this forum looking for some other info (tyre wear!) and found this thread. Couldn't have been a simpler fix.
Glad it was helpful!
Deleted User 470

Pictures have been updated as Photobucket are arseholes
PB66737

Post by PB66737 »

Brilliant info thank you. Just tightened mine (2016 Pulsar). Arnold Clark wanted £118 to "investigate" excessive hand brake play and imbalanced rear axle braking during MOT. All pads/shoes/discs were evenly worn and I'm guessing all that was needing done was this tightening. I'll be going elsewhere for retest.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I'd forgotten all about the excessive handbrake travel. When my Pulsar was new I almost needed to get the rear passenger to pull it back! At the first service it was adjusted to the same level as any 'normal' car. How they could ever think the original setting was acceptable is beyond me.